Monday, September 19, 2011

Ruby Anniversary

Hey,
So this weekend we had a celebration for my grandparents because it was their anniversary. They have been married for 40 years now. Since they have been married for 40 years the name of the anniversary is the ruby anniversary. My mom spent a lot of time and effort getting things prepared. Everything was beautiful and decked out in yellow and green which was their wedding colors. She also got a bouquet made that looked like my grandmas bouquet on her wedding day for the centerpiece. I made chocolate cups filled with cool whip and raspberries.I also painted a portrait of my grandparents on their wedding day. It was the first time I used water colors and I rarely paint on canvas so it didn't turn out as well as I wanted. It was still pretty good though sometimes I'm a perfectionist so that gets in the way of enjoying my own work. My grandma wanted to cry when she saw it so I know it meant alot.I got to watch The Amazing World of Gumball with my cousins which was fun. I played video games and beat a couple level on a game I just got which was awsome.I also got to youth group with one of my buddies that day too. It was a pretty good Sunday until I had to push myself to do homework at the last minute but it really wasn't that bad.-Lexus

No comments:

Post a Comment